The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness




Okay, so I've been on a science fiction kick lately. It's definitely one of my favorite genres to read from, because sometimes the sci-fi crowd offers some pretty interesting stories. So that's why I'm going to be telling you all about another futuristic tale that I am glad to have on my bookshelf. Today I'm going to be telling you about The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness!

Now this is the first book that I read from this author. I heard of all the wonderful stories he wrote, so I had to try out one of his books. This one struck me because it had a very interesting plot and I just knew that I would be in love with it. I know we shouldn't assume, but in this case my assumptions were correct. I really enjoyed it!

First impressions are sometimes hard to make when I come across authors that I never read from, but Patrick Ness just blew me away. So let's get to it!





What's The Story?

In New World, Todd has grown up in a village called Prentisstown, which consists of only men. He has for the longest time believed that all the women, as well as everyone else, was wiped out in a great war with alien inhabitants. The world he now lives in is filled with what is called Noise, which means that the thoughts of everything can be heard in one big wave of sound. Now that he is about to turn thirteen, he discovers that what he has been told is a lie. So Todd must flee for his life, but it soon becomes difficult once he considers that his plans are being heard by the Noise.









Likes

As I said before, this is my first time reading a novel from Patrick Ness. With that being said, I can't wait to read more from him!

I am a HUGE fan of dystopia novels, so this hit home for me! Sometimes they are hit or miss when it comes to an interesting read, but The Knife of Never Letting Go is definitely something you don't wanna skip!

First off, I want to comment on how awesome and original the story is. I loved the idea of Noise being apart of this world. To put it simply: If somebody's thinking about it, everybody else hears it! Wouldn't it suck in real life to hear those thoughts and all that commotion? I mean, there would be no such thing as privacy! Just imagine this for a second: You were planning a surprise party for somebody and you wanted to be super secret. But thanks to the constant stream of thoughts going in and out, that person already knows what you were doing. Yep, that would be the disadvantage of Noise, haha!

As far as characters go, there is some pretty likable ones you come across throughout this book. Todd is pretty spot-on and in my opinion is a solid character. Not only is he fabulous at narrating the book, but is also just so interesting to read about as he travels beyond the village he grew up in. In short, he was just an awesome main characters and that's all I can really say.

Also the writing style is so gripping! It takes a short time to get used to, but once your sucked into the world Patrick Ness unfolds in front of you, there's no going back! It was just so tense and moved at such a fast pace, making it easy to devour this book.








Dislikes

Nothing to point out here, I just wish there was some more development on some of the other characters. But like I said, there's not much to hate here.









Is It Worth Reading?

Oh, heck yes! Based on how good this was, I'll be checking out more from Patrick Ness. Please, do yourself a favor and read this book. It was 400+ pages of pure, pulse-pounding joy for me! Would also recommend this to fans of dystopians, as well as anyone looking for a book full of action.






Rating

★★★★☆




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Children's Book Picks For Summer Reading!

We All Looked Up: A Spectacular and Philosophical YA Read!

The House by Christina Lauren