Legacy by Hugo Jackson





Oh my gosh, this was definitely something that I am glad I read! Today I'm going to be telling you about an epic fantasy called Legacy by Hugo Jackson

So when I was looking for a new and interesting fantasy to read, I stumbled across this one. I really liked the cover and the synopsis seemed like a really cool story, so I jumped right in. I'm happy to report that I absolutely loved every moment of it! So let's get started, shall we?








What's The Story?

In the land of Eeres, Faria Phiraco and her Emperor father are resonators, people with the ability to manipulate the energy of crystals. The power of doing this is considered a secret, so this means that the two of them must guard it with their lives. Meanwhile, a race of dragons knows as Dhraka discovers an ancient artifact that points to the long-lost city of Nazreal. They begin to put their plans into motion by beginning to besiege the Empire, hunting down Faria to find out what secrets of Nazreal she could possibly be hiding. But she does not know much, except that what powers are hunting her are a threat to the world as she knows it. Now with her father missing, Faria flees her home of Xayall, relying on her strength and her resonating skills to brave the world. Soon realizing that around her a war is beginning to unfold, one that is so strong that it threatens to cost the lives of everyone in Eeres.











Likes

If you're looking for the short answer: Legacy had practically everything I could want in an epic fantasy novel. But I'm going to go into some more details about why I enjoyed this one so much. It wouldn't be a review without details now, would it? Anyway, let's get to it!

First, one thing that was great to the story was the world it took place in. Eeres was just really interesting to read about, having some fascinating history and a nice backstory. Honestly, I found it pretty cool! I found myself fully submerged into the world that Hugo Jackson creates. Not only that, but I was also pleased by the big variety of different creatures that can be found within the writing as well. 

Another thing is the concept of "resonators" in the world of Eeres. I really liked the idea of it and just thought it was an interesting thing to add to the story. 

Then we have the characters in this story. All of them were just super fun to read about! First of all, I enjoyed the fact that the characters were all animals and the like. It doesn't matter how old I get, animal characters are sometimes far more interesting to read about than human characters. So props to Hugo Jackson for filling this fantasy novel with some wonderful anthropomorphic animals! 

Faria is wonderful as a main character, and I definitely rooted for as she braved the world around her. I just loved her and also loved the fact that she never backed down from a fight. We also have some other very cool and likable heroes that we meet along the way.

The fighting and action sequences moved at a nice pace and were well-written. Hugo Jackson makes sure that every little detail about the battles is in the perfect place. 










Dislikes

Nothing! I really hate to say "nothing" because I know it sounds very informal, but in all honesty I can't think of anything to dislike. Moving on!










Is It Worth Reading?

YES! Oh my gosh, you have to give this one a try! Every once in awhile I come across a story that you never would expect to blow you away, and Legacy was one of them. It kept me entertained from the beginning to the final page. I would also recommend this to fans of epic fantasy books, or anyone looking for an interesting new fantasy read. Hugo Jackson, I can't wait to read more from you!







Rating

★★★★★




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Children's Book Picks For Summer Reading!

The House by Christina Lauren

We All Looked Up: A Spectacular and Philosophical YA Read!