Nerve by Jeanne Ryan




Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be telling you about a book that will have you at the edge of your seat. And that book I'll be talking about is Nerve by Jeanne Ryan.




What's The Story?

Vee has been selected to participate in Nerve, an anonymous online game of dares. She soon discovers that the game already knows a lot about her, and begins to entice her by offering interesting prizes and teaming her up with Ian, the perfect dare partner. At first the game seems fun, performing her designated dares as online audiences watch them. But the game becomes twisted when Vee and Ian meet up with other teens for Nerve's Grand Prize round. Suddenly, they all find themselves in a fight for the prize, even if their lives are at stake.










Likes

Nerve was a crazy and intense read from the moment I picked it up. It was just a really cool story, and I liked the fact that this thriller was based around an online game. Stories with a digital twist to them are interesting to me, so this was up my alley!

The plot moves along at a steady pace, and doesn't fail at making you want to keep going forward and finding out what the next dare is. There was a lot of action, and it just in short makes for a book that will keep the pages turning.

Vee was an awesome main character in my opinion. She was just such a great person to read about and also had a good sense of humor in this story as well. I also enjoyed reading about Ian too. At first I didn't know whether or not to trust him, but he was pretty cool too.







Dislikes

Not really that much to say here, at least not that I can think of. I just wish there was more depth around the final parts of the book.









Is It Worth Reading?

In my book, this was definitely worth reading. Considering some of the thrills it gave me, I would suggest giving this one a try. I'm also intrigued to see if we get to see a sequel as well.






Rating

★★★







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Children's Book Picks For Summer Reading!

We All Looked Up: A Spectacular and Philosophical YA Read!

The House by Christina Lauren