Children of Eden by Joey Graceffa



Today I'm going to be reviewing a truly awesome, action-filled dystopian novel. And that book I'm going to be talking about today is Children of Eden by Joey Graceffa. So let's jump right into it!





What's The Story?

Rowan is a second child born in a world where regulations of population control make her illegal. Therefore, she could never make friends, go to school or be able to mark herself as a true member of Eden, the society she lives in. Beyond Eden, the earth is completely destroyed and dead. All animals and plants are gone due to a catastrophe. However, a scientist named Aaron Al-Baz saved civilization by building EcoPanopticon, a computer program used to preserve mankind. Therefore, the rest of the humans left must wait in the society of Eden until the EcoPanopticon can fully recreate the world. Rowan, who has been hidden for sixteen years, manages to escape outside of Eden. But outside the society she finds an exotic world, and even a friend. But now that she is outside, she is considered a renegade that must run for her life.









Likes

Wow, just wow! This was just an amazing book on so many levels! First off let me just say that dystopian novels can sometimes be hit or miss. But let me tell you, Children of Eden was the kind that just blew me away. Joey Graceffa had me on the edge of my seat and I just didn't want it to be over. If you're not familiar with Graceffa, I'll tell you a little bit about him. He is actually a popular YouTuber. But after reading his published work, I really believe Joey has a great talent for writing and should continue to write more great stories!

So... Where should I start about Children of Eden?

First off, I'm just going to say that the plot is awesome! It was such a fun, fast-paced and adventure-filled story that I just found really entertaining. When I came across this book and read its synopsis, it instantly drew me in. I've been a BIG fan of dystopian sci-fi books ever since my friends got me into them, so I was drawn into the idea of the story.

Everyone in the story lives in Eden, a post-apocalyptic society. I liked the world that this story was built around. It was very interesting to read about how the planet was destroyed and that Eden was supposedly our last hope in this future. It seems like a utopia, except everything is regulated in this world. Joey Graceffa has such a brilliant imagination. You can really see it at work when you read how he describes Eden and the future Earth.

Rowan was awesome as a main character in my opinion. She is shy because of not being out in the public, but she is such a strong fighter. I wouldn't know what to do if I was a Second Child in this future, but Rowan doesn't go down without a fight. The other characters are also interesting too about, and make for great additions to this experience.







Dislikes

I don't really have that much to say here, except that I wish Children of Eden had more to it. There was a lot of details packed into the book, and I just believe it deserved more of a conclusion. It left me wanting to know more, because Rowan's story was far from over, even after the final chapter. But lucky for me, there is a sequel to Children of Eden, and thank goodness for that! Hopefully we get to hear more from Rowan as she travels through the strange world she's been introduced to.









Is It Worth Reading?

Definitely a "yes" on this one! This book was such an amazing story that will capture you with its thrills and imagination. I would definitely recommend to the dystopian fans out there as well! Like I said, there is another book about this so I'll definitely be reading it and reporting about it to you guys.








Rating

★★★★☆










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Children's Book Picks For Summer Reading!

We All Looked Up: A Spectacular and Philosophical YA Read!

Picks For Kids: The Voice, The Revolution, and The Key by Jenny L. Cote!