Alienated by Melissa Landers






Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be talking about the book Alienated by Melissa Landers. Now I am a BIG fan of sci-fi, so when I saw this book I naturally was attracted to it. That's why I thought I would share my thoughts on it today, so here we go!





What's The Story?

Two years ago, a race of aliens called L'ehiers arrive to earth, having nearly identical DNA and a similar home planet. Cara Sweeney, a blogger and valedictorian for her school, has been chosen to host the first L'ehier exchange student program. Soon she meets Aelyx, the alien that she is to represent, and the two form a friendship. But when anti-l'ehier propaganda starts to sweep around the town, her high school starts to become unsafe. She starts to then realize that she starts to think of Aelyx as more than a friend, but learns that he is hiding something. So Cara finds herself in a fight not only for her and Aelyx, but for the outcome of earth's future.







Likes

Like I just said before, I am a big lover of the sci-fi genre, so when I was recommended this I knew it was for me. But let me tell you that this story is not just about aliens arriving on earth, it also gives us an environmental message about pollution. Which in my opinion was pretty cool for Melissa Landers to add in there!

The story was written in a third person narrative, but it solely focuses on Cara and Aelyx. And that I like! I'm normally not a fan of third person writing, I don't know why but I'm more into the kind of stories that are narrated by the main characters. But I am glad that it sticks to describing both sides of the story, letting us also see things that Aelyx does that Cara doesn't know just yet. 

Cara and Aelyx are both likable characters. Cara was a cool character to read since she was a brilliant and tough girl. Aelyx at first seemed like a very cold person to read about at first, but that's a result of where he came from. His planet just doesn't like the idea of expressing emotions and love for others. But it makes you smile when Aelyx and Cara become more than friends and he begins to feel emotions for the first time.





Dislikes

I can't really find anything to dislike about this book. For real, there's not that much that I can negatively bring up about it. Young adult reads can sometimes be hit or miss, but to me Alienated definitely belongs in the good category. It's simplistic and silly at times, but overall it's a thoroughly enjoyable read!





Would I Recommend It?

I would definitely suggest giving this story a try! When I get the chance, I will definitely be checking out some more works by Melissa Landers. Even if you're not the biggest fan of science fiction, I would not suggest skipping this book. I read it along with one of my friends whose not biggest lover of sci-fi, and she really enjoyed it. Go for it!





Rating

★★★★☆









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The House by Christina Lauren

5 Children's Book Picks For Summer Reading!

We All Looked Up: A Spectacular and Philosophical YA Read!